Today is my 9th WICTORY WEDNESDAY.
It's a day for folks like me to share with you our support for the notion that President George W. Bush, affectionately known around here as SHRUB, should absolutely be re-elected as President of the United States of America in November.
THIS WEEK, HOWEVER, is dedicated to the memory of the one person most responsible for the 1980 beginning of the re-defining of the Republican Party, and the spread of its Conservative Ideals into the force that they are today.
His death has been the catylist for an extraordinary week in our national history, as people from all walks of life, and ethnic backrounds, express the love and admiration they have for this man, and what he accomplished.
What Reagan started, and stood for, is just one reason to vote for Bush in November.
I have just finished watching the day long coverage of today's events, and all I can say, as I wonder at the awesome fact that several hundred thousand Americans, on both coasts have already, and will continue to spend 4 to 10 hours traveling, and then standing in line, to take a few minutes to pay their respects to
Ronald Wilson Reagan
The 40th President of the United States of America
Damn, those ceremonies were beautiful!
The WICTORY WEDNESDAY WEADING:
2. President's Remarks on the Passing of President Ronald Reagan.
3. By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation: Announcing the Death of Ronald Reagan.
5. ASK THE WHITE HOUSE: Remembering President Reagan--Peter Roussel, Deputy Press Secretary for President Ronald Reagan discussed President Reagan's legacy.
6 & 7. REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE:
PRESIDENT REAGAN's SPEECHES: 2 Inaugural Addresses, 7 State of the Union Addresses, 5 Republican National Convention Speeches 1976-92, Farewell Address, and 20 Selected Speeches from 1967 to 1994. Transcripts, and selected audio, and video.
10. The Heritage Foundation Remembers. ( Including links to 46 tributes online ).
11. Check out Conservative Columnists for their thoughts, over the past few days, at Townhall.com.
12. VOICE OF AMERICA. ( 25 articles ).
12. Michael Reagan's Website: The Reagan Information Interchange.
13. Michael Reagan: The Long Goodbye is Over.
14. Michael Reagan: Dad is Home Now.
15. SONG by Greg Wall: I Remember Ronald Reagan.
16. A website dedicated to remembering the extraordinary life of Ronald Reagan through the eyes of people he touched. ( Submit your own ). Remembering Ronald Reagan.com.
17. The Reagan Ranch: A project of The Young America's Foundation.
19. The Acton Institute: THE REAGAN MORAL VISION by Rev. Robert Sirico.
20. Since the President died a day before the 60th Anniversary of D-DAY it's appropriate that special attention be given to his speech on the occasion of the 40th Anniversary.
21. THE CYCLING DUDE: On my other Blog I share links to stories dealing with Bicycling, Ronald Reagan, and Politics, as I show that Ronaldus Magnus was not the first, and hasn't been the last, to utilize the Bicycle in the service of politics.
Bloggers can join Wictory Wednesdays simply by putting up a post like this one every Wednesday, asking your readers to volunteer and/or donate to the Bush campaign, and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Wictory Wednesday blogroll, which will be part of the Wictory Wednesday post on all participating blogs.
America will remain a Free and Democratic Republic with the involvement of an informed citizenry that votes, and that means me and you.
The Wictory Wednesday Blogroll is available in the current entry in this series.