Two American Soldiers were brutally tortured, and murdered.
Oh, and here, too! ;-D
( Morning- 6/22- PLEASE see the end of this essay for an IMPORTANT update to a growing, powerful, show of outrage, and know that a few links, posted yesterday, and today, have also been added within my original essay. )
As Mr. Stokely says: We must hunt these dogs down and eradicate them from the face of this earth!
Finally, can we let our military take the gloves off and clean up Iraq?
Do that, and then move on to chasing down Osama, and all the other terrorists, where ever they may be hiding around the world, and to hell with the America Haters, appeasers, and whiners in our country, and in Europe.
If there is ANYONE with the right to speak for the majority of those who support the fight against terror, in the wake of this brutality it is Mr. Stokely.
I have had the honor, and it truly IS that, of having had some correspondence with him in the last 6 months, and of bearing witness to the moving memorial service for his son, thanks to a DVD.
For all of you reading Mr. Stokely's words, and wondering at his outrage, I have a post about the above that you should read.
Then you should recommend it to anyone you know who STILL thinks America should pull out of Iraq before the job of eradicating terrorism in that country is complete, OR thinks that there is any equivalence between America, and these barbarian fanatics.
Europe, and its appeasing governments, is slowing being overun by Islamic Fanatics who have no intention of assimilating, and milk the system for all it is worth.
I am half way thru reading a most terrifying book in which every paragraph of information is MUST READING for anyone who cares that the West win this fight for Civilization we are in, and which will simply make your jaw drop in shock.
WHILE EUROPE SLEPT: How Radical Islam is Destroying the West from Within by Bruce Bawer. ( You can learn more thru the link in my right sidebar )
Will America, and its military might, one day be called upon to save Europe from itself once again???
( A Tip of the Hat to No-Pasaran for that link, and for sharing the disturbing Economist cover. )
Think about it.
While you decide whether to read that book go read this ( Thanks Emperor Misha for the heads up! ), and all the other essays by Mr. Whittle, time permitting, before the November elections, too, while you are at it.
About the question of OUTRAGE:
The New York Times wants Gitmo closed. The San Jose Mercury News claims that Gitmo nurtures a culture of death. The Cleveland Plain Dealer wants Gitmo closed. Journalists and editorial staffs are up in arms that there might possibly be some kind of torture occurring.
So what do they say when torture OBVIOUSLY occurs?
How do they react when two U.S. servicemen — in Geneva Convention-approved uniforms —
have their hearts cut out, their testicles cut off, their penises cut off and stuffed in their mouths, arms contorted and eyes gouged?
THIS is torture.
But WHERE is the outrage? Where is the concern about the Geneva Convention being adhered to?
There is a window of opportunity here to educate ( There apparently WERE WMD'S in Iraq ) the American public about the nature of this fight we are in, the threat Militant Islam poses to us all, and the need to go all out in that battle until the final victory is won.
Get MAD America!
Appeasement, Politiical Correctness, and all that other Make Nice with the ( Radical ) Muslims, Anti-American, Anti-Western Civilization, crap, needs to be called the Bullshit that it is.
Tell the rest of the world to GO FUCK ITSELF!
***UPDATE - Morning of 6/22***
A GROWING OUTRAGE:
Last night I asked readers to forgive my use of language, but after reading other blogs this morning, I take that back.
If reading that, or reading about what happened to those 2 brave soldiers,Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker ( Video Tribute by Michelle Malkin ), shocks or disgusts you so be it, because there is much more where that came from...
Woody's News and Views says it eloquently:
Two US Soldiers were captured in Iraq. They were tortured and killed in the most inhumane abuse of human beings that I can recall in recent history. These men were beaten, their arms contorted, their testicles cut off, their penises cut off and stuffed in their mouths, their eyes gouged out, their hearts cut out and were beheaded. If reading that shocks or disgust you let me take this opportunity to say that I'm glad to offend.
America needs to get pissed off. America needs to know that it's media would rather lull it back to sleep than wake it up with the truth. America needs to tell it's leaders to get serious about the war on terror before it's too late. America needs to rise up and wipe Islamic terrorism from the face of the earth. America needs to tell anyone who would gripe and complain as we do this to fuck off. America needs to tell anyone who would obstruct us in doing this that they are next. This is what needs to happen if we are to live in peace and freedom in the twenty first century.
Damn right I'm outraged. Why aren't you?
Go to Blackfive’s site to learn how you may send condolences to the families, and check out PFC Tucker’s Family Interview (Video Link), and Grieving over the loss ( Excerpts and links to other Family Comments ) .
If you want to join the list below, or know of bloggers who are expressing their own outrage, let me know ( the e-mail is to your left ), and I will add you, and them, to the list below ( You can also leave your thoughts, and links, in the comments as well, and I will approve them as quick as I can ) in the days ahead.
I heartily encourage you to read the comments posted on all of these blogs:
Let's begin 1st, though, with a dissertation on The Geneva Convention by the thoughtful Confederate Yankee.
***HONORARY BEST EXPRESSION OF OUTRAGE ( 6/25 - 7pm pst - Yes, it took me 4 days to discover this beauty. ):
3. AubreyJ: Highlighting an important part of the comments by President Bush and Chancellor Schüssel at a Press Availability yesterday at the US-EU Summit.
4. EMPEROR DARTH MISHA I, the most honorable High Poobah of the wonderfully outspoken Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler: Where Indeed?
10. DoggerelPundit: The Fallen ( A poem ).
12. Big Dog: IMAGINE, with no Apologies to John Lennon ( A Poem ).
UNLUCKY 13. Every Left-Wing, Liberal, Anti-American, Anti-Western, Anti-War Against Terror, Appeasement, Apologia that has come out, or will come out, in the aftermath of this horror, and that deserves to be FISKED UP THE BEHIND with... okay, I'm sorry, I'll try to restrain myself. [ Little Green Footballs found a rant, before the writer had a chance to much later edit, and issue a supposedly heartfelt apology update, and you can read both , including comments, ( A Tip of the Hat to Ninth State, and Ankle Biting Pundits. ), and read the long collection of Rightous Outrage expressed in the LGF Comments. ]
15. The Beth Zone: Hey I Got Yer Outrage, Right Heah! Dept. - Blessed July 4th ( A Poem ).
18. Richard, of Hyscience, is outraged, and includes a link to a piece called The Islamist Way of War that is MUST reading.
19. Jeff Emanuel at Townhall: Human rights groups silent on death of Americans.
20. Michelle Malkin nails Amnesty International. ( As of 12:32pm PST on 6/24, 3 days later, I didn't see anything on the site about this statement either. )
21. Andrew C. McCarthy, of National Review Online -- Al Qaeda’s reminder to the Supreme Court.
22. Blogs of War: Beheaded Americans: Where’s the Outrage?
24. Harvey, at IMAO, has written a Terrorist Killin' Song, and Andrew of Custos Honor, does the Recording.
25. Life-Florida-Whatever: Criticize THIS!
26. Media Lies says "America Wake Up!", and links to a powerful speech made by a Captain Ouimette, Executive Officer of Naval Air Station Pensacola that argues that the war on terror began in 1979 with the Iranian hostage taking. I agree.
27. A Woman named Monica wrote to a Blogger named Teri, who posted her letter as a comment on the Blog A Soldier's Perspective. They all want to know "Where the outrage from Americans? Why aren’t we protesting what has happened? Let your voice be heard!!!!!! Are you talking about this?" ( A Tip of the Hat to Media Lies. )
28. Pamela, of Atlas Shrugs, says that there are tens of thousands of Marines and soldiers that feel this way and a handful have written me expressing these sentiments.
29. Gateway Pundit has a great round-up of reactions from various Media that will put most of the MSN to shame.
30. Strategic Outlook Institute: U.S. Defeat in Iraq Imminent? Not bloody likely, this writer thinks.
32. "Another day, another dead American. We are expected to die. The world has long since past expected that Americans be treated with honor and respect or according to the basic rules of war....And through it all, the American people, quietly but intently, are watching. They are listening, reading, thinking, weighing, reasoning.The time has almost come for them to make their voices heard. When they speak it will be a terrible thing to behold and the world, displeased now, will be more displeased then."
The rest of it is at New Sisyphus: Srebrenica, Kosovo, Unknown.
33. After reading the above Bill Quick, the Daily Pundit had some thoughts to add including the following: "I can guarantee you that the rest of the world really does not want a Jacksonian America as its enemy." Amen! ( A Tip of the Hat to Pajamas Media. )
34. John Podhoretz in the NY Post - TORTURERS' HOPE: Exploiting Our Divisions.
35. and 36. Sgt. T. F. Boggs is stationed in Iraq. A day before the final fate of the the 2 missing soldiers was known he wrote an essay that tells you all you need to know about why the Mainstream Media is not out in front, covering, and expressing, the outrage, on this story.
The MSM’s ignorance of the military leads them to make judgments that they aren’t qualified to make.
In the Comments you will find a wonderful poem shared by someone named Strykeraunt, written by Michael Marks, and told from the perspective of a soldier to an imbeded reporter. Read it, and share it with friends, and family.
The Sgt. then speaks for all of us, with regards to the despicable actions of the N.Y. Times, the L.A. Times, and other papers in printing classified info that will give aid, and comfort, to the enemy.
37. Over at Townhall Matt Towery reinforces the point about the media coverage: Media coverage isn't serving up the truth.
38. Ms. Underestimated: “Let’s Leave Their Dead Bodies On the Streets” - Col. David Hunt. ( WARNING: A Glorious Rant that includes some Graphic Images )
39. Jihad Watch: You want outrage? I got yer outrage right here! Several days worth in the Comments.
Add Jihad Watch, and its companion site, Dhimmi Watch, and IslamistWatch as well while you are at it, to your Blogrolls, and actually spend some time enlightening yourself, and your readers, about the threat Western Civilization faces.
40. Texas Fred's: Bodies of Missing U.S. Soldiers Recovered.
41. Michael Reagan: A Time for Rage.
42. Astute Blogger: Kidnapped Soldiers were Tortured and Beheaded.
43. Uncooperative Blogger has a few uncomfortable questions.
47. Gay Patriot - Dan writes Murder and Media Manipulation: Al-Qaeda’s Strategy in Iraq.
48. Tammy Bruce: Our Murdered Soldiers - Why We Fight.
50. Barking Moonbat: Outrage!
***UPDATE- OUTRAGE PROJECT ENDS -- 12:01 AM pst 6/26 -- Any Future OUTRAGE Essays brought to my attention by you the reader ( Send me an e-mail! ) will be posted in a Sequel. This has been the most raw, and emotional, post I've done in a long time ( Reaction to Nick Berg Video ). Thank you all, so very much, for reading, linking, and spreading the word ( Don't stop spreading it! ) !!***
( It is mid-afternoon, 6/22, as I write THIS note, and I have just rode my bike to work. All 10 miles the only thing I could think about was this: "Dear God, in your mercy, please, please, let the OFFICIAL REPORT of what happened to these brave men show proof that they ONLY had their heads cut off!" I am not the most religious man on the planet, but that is what I was thinking. No-one should have to endure what it is hinted at that they did.
.... It is 2 hours after that last, and I'm on break, and still as angry as I was yesterday! DAMN! Are we reduced, in our outrage, to harboring hopes that our guys didn't suffer as much as it sounds like they did? To asking God that their pain and suffering be less than it seems it was?? )
***UPDATE - 1am 6/23***
Alas it was not to be. There is no doubt they must have suffered horribly.
It took DNA tests to confirm that the two mutilated and unrecognizable bodies found Tuesday in Iraq were in fact the two missing servicemen taken during an insurgent attack on a checkpoint the two were manning.
A Tip of the Hat to Emigre with a Digital Cluebat.
*** END UPDATE***
Technorati Tags: Al-Quada, Al-Queda, Osama, America, Europe, Appeasers, Islamic+Fanatics, Radical+Islam, Gitmo, Torture, American+Soldiers, Geneva+Convention, Civilization, Terror, Terrorism, Terrorists, Barbarian+Fanatics, America+Haters, Militant+Islam