Since November, over at my Stumble Upon Site, I have been posting links to some interesting reading that anyone concerned about the threat of Islam to the survival of Western Civilization should check out.
This effort has been very well received, and is an extention of all the opinions, and links I've shared here over the years.
I plan to share many of those same links here, in coming days, in light of the stupidity of the Appeasing Dems in Congress, and the few Republicans who bought into their nonsense ( The House has passed its pro-defeat (and pro-pork) bill, 218 to 212. Now the President needs to veto it IN THE STRONGEST WORDS ):
PRO-PORK AND PRO-DEFEAT: Austin Bay calls the Democratic Congress's action a double-barrelled shame, and I agree with him
Don Surber writes: "If Pelosi wants to be commander-in-chief, let her run for president. Otherwise, today’s vote was a bayonet stabbed in the back of every American troop in Iraq."
Thoughts on what it means, from The Mudville Gazette.
Hugh Hewitt on the The Kung Pao Congress: "Given the pork spent today on shrimp, spinach, and peanuts, this seems like the right way to refer to the new House majority."
John Hinderaker: "I think it has become clear to pretty much everyone that the Democrats want defeat in Iraq in order to advance their political agenda."
HOTAIR: The troops prepare for being defunded.
They commited an act of Political Fear, and abdicated their responsibility to protect America, the American People, and support our fight against the threat of terrorists, and Radical Islam in passing a Funding Bill designed to put an end to the Liberation of Iraq by pulling America out of the Middle East.
While I'm on the subject of Appeasement... the Iranians take a bunch of British Sailors captive in Iraqi waters, and the "British government summoned the Iranian ambassador to the Foreign Office" for a tongue lashing, with apparently no plans to kick some Ass like they would have 50, 100, or 200 years ago.
( UPDATE - 11AM: Fantastic Pajamas Media Round-up on this new Crisis. )
It took a while, but a fellow member of the SU Community finally came along who, to say the least, was not happy with me, and my Stumbles. ;-D
By the Stumbler Judefa.
3/15/07 - 608am:
"Islamophobia on every page.
Does he get this from Church, Fox News or what?
I mean, the guy's on a mission.
Here was my response. ;-D
Let me begin by answering her questions:
Does he get this from Church? = No, I have been to church only twice in the last 17 years, and one of those was for Family History purposes.
Does he get this from Fox News or what? = Both. The best answer is that I get my info from everywhere. I get my info not just from sources I might agree with, politically, and culturally, but it is a simple matter of doing a proper search to find damning information in the words of Muslims, Islamists, and the like, on my own.
The simple truth is that Islam, especially in its radical forms, has been on a mission since the lightbulb went on over the head of Muhammad.
THAT'S Bloody scary.
If my critic had bothered to count she would have known that of the 330, or so, entries I have made, to date, since joining SU, only about 45 have been on the subject of Islam, and Muslims.... not exactly, um, "every page". ;-D
Calling me names without doing a single thing to PROVE that what I say, report on, and link to, is wrong, is not the way to win an arguement, and prove that your opinions are right, and I am therefore a hater.
If calling me ISLAMOPHOBIC is meant to intimidate me into apologizing to, and appeasing, those who disagree with me, and stop Stumbling on the most important issues of our time, then, I'm sorry to disappoint.
Call me more of an IslamISTphobe = "IslamISTphobia: A rational, and justified, fear of violent radical IslamOfascists whose ideology calls for enslaving the planet with a world Caliphate, and Sharia Law for everyone on Earth."
As the blogger who wrote that says... "IslamISTphobia: Don't be afraid of it, embrace it."
For a fine discussion of, and links to, the origins of the term "Islamophobia", and problems with the term, check out this 2005 article by Daniel Pipes.
Here are some thoughts on the subject from a book called The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam ( And the Crusades ) by Robert Spencer:
1. No-one had heard of "Islamophobia" until a few years ago when the term was created to intimidate, and silence, critics of violent Jihad in Islam.
2. Some groups are even trying to brand those who tell the truth about Islam, and Jihad, as purveyors of "Hate Speech".
3. The UN has condemned "Islamophobia" while turning a blind eye to atrocities committed by Jihadists.
4. Does labeling as "Islamophobic" the practice of "attacking the entire religion of Islam as a problem for the world" mean that it is also Islamophobic to focus attention on the Qu'ran, and the Sunnah of the Prophet as motivations for terrorist activity? If so, then Jihad Terrorists worldwide are themselves "Islamophobic," for they routinely point to Jihad passages from the Qu'ran, and Hadith to justify their actions.
5. While it may seem "Islamophobic" to deny "the active existence, in the contemporary world of a moderate Muslim majority," it is also beside the point. Whether a moderate Muslim majority exists depends on how you define "moderate Muslim".
6. "Islamophobia" is a weapon of Jihad.
As Victor Davis Hanson points out: "Any unfairness or rudeness that acrues from the "Security profiling" of Middle Eastern young males is dwarfed by efforts of Islamic fascists themselves - here in the U.S., in the U.K., the Netherlands, France, Turkey, and Israel - to murder Westerners, and blow up civilians. The real danger to thousands of innocents is not an occasional evangelical zealot, or uncouth politician, spouting off about Islam, but the deliberately orchestrated, and very sick, anti-semitism, and anti-Americanism, that floods the airways worldwide, emanating from Iran, Lebanaon, and Syria, to be sure, but also from our erstwhile "allies" in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar."
7. The evidence is overwhelming, and beyond dispute, that Jihadist activity is occuring in the United States: "Are officials trying not to alarm Americans? Or are they trying to protect innocent Muslims from backlash? Whatever their motivations, they are keeping Americans in the dark about the true nature, and extent, of the Jihadist terror threat.
8. One Australian state has outlawed speaking the truth about Islam... and Great Britain, and other countries are contemplating similar laws.
When the Western World turns to such actions of appeasement "THAT'S Bloody Scary!"
When leaders such as the Archbishop of Canterbury spout idiocy of the kind reported by Bat Ye'or, in her book Eurabia....
On October 14, 2003 he "urged America to recognize that terrorists can "have serious moral goals." He said that, in its criticism of al-Qaeda, America ignored this point, along with the fact that terrorists pursued an aim both "intelligible and desireable." Thus, he said, America "loses the power of self-criticism and becomes trapped in a self referential morality."
... then all freedom loving people need to be concerned.
FROM America Alone by Mark Steyn:
1. "The Islamists incite Jihad from American, Canadian, British, European, and Australian mosques, and they get away with it. The West's elites lapse reflexively into twittering over insufficient "respect", and entirely fictional outbreaks of "Islamophobia."
2. In Britain.... "If a Muslim says that Islam is opposed to homosexuality, he can be investigated for homophobia; but if a gay says that Islam is opposed to homosexuality, he can be investigated for Islamophobia. As someone who's called Islamophobic and homophobic every day of the week, I can't help marveling at the speed and skill with which Muslim lobby groups have mastered the language of victimhood so adroitly used by the gay lobby."
Willful ignorance, and blindness, to the threat Western Civilization, and Freedom, face from the so-called "Religion of Peace", is NOT something any concerned citizen can afford, and it is most definitely NOT something we want in our religious, and political officials, and leaders.
My answer to all those in the See No Muslim Evil, Hear No Muslim Evil, Appeasement Brigades who ignorantly, and blindly, call all, like me, who refuse to go meekly along with their Multi-Culturalist, can't we all just get along, Anti-Capitalism, Anti-America BS, haters, and racists, for understanding that the West has been in a fight for its survival with Islam since at least the 60's, a battle that non-Muslims have been forced to periodically fight since the light-bulb went on over the head of Muhammad....
Is to continue doing what little I can, here, and on my personal blog, to wake up a sleeping world to the danger hiding under its bed.
The Stumbler in question regularly posts links, and opinions, that clearly show her warped, and misguided, worldview ( And a many people lap it up quite eagerly. ), and since I was not able to respond by private e-mail, 1st, went ahead with the above. ( She apparently prefers not to hear, directly, from those who disagree with her, or whom she launches personal attacks upon. )
No further comment has come from her since, though she has read my response, I'm sure. ;-D
***UPDATE - 4/3***
A 2nd Stumbler has since joined the list, and even tried to respond to response.
It is a list that I will continue to add to as I read more books.
I also have a growing list of links my sidebar, about RADICAL ISLAM, that are an absolute must.
A Tip of the Hat to Instapundit for the links related to the vote in Congress. ;-D