Welcome to this edition of Sneaks Wide World of Blogging.
This series is dedicated to the proposition that Blogging is a prime example of the saying "Variety is the Spice of Life".
Let's get to the good stuff! ;-D
This edition is dedicated to that Shopping Experience you know you love, openly, or secretly....
As regular readers know I worked as a Cashier at 3 Targets from 2002 to 2004, and mostly enjoyed the experience.
A "BEST OF" of my Target related posts, in Chronological order: Let this serve as an insider introduction before I introduce you to a couple of wonderful Blogs I just discovered, and added to the sidebar.
1. NEW JOB: DAY 1. ( Eagle Rock )
4. Today is the RUNNING OF THE GUESTS AT TARGET, otherwise known as our GRAND OPENING. :-)
While there are no BULLS, lots of crap will be strewn about the ground by closing time, you can count on it. ;-D
I have this vision of our morning cashiers, faced with this mad mob of humanity bursting thru the doors at 8 am, running, screaming for the Employee Exit, only to find it locked and blocked by Security. ;-D
A TARGET GRAND OPENING: I Survived a Target Grand Opening and all I got was a coke, a bag of chips, and a twinkie!!!
A Work hours increase, a favorable evaluation, an eventual raise, and a transfer to Chino, follow....
6. To the well intentioned lady who wanted to pay me for her purchases at work the other day.....I'm sorry ma'am, but we don't accept foreign currency here at Target. ( Full Story. )
7. To the 3 year old boy in the shopping cart in my line at work who was bawling and squaling and generally having a hissy fit .....
8. BLACK FRIDAY:
The happiest day of the year for Retailers.:-)
It's 6:58 am at a certain Target in Southern California...
The mob is primed to move, yet hushed in anticipation, as the clerk opens the door and stands in their path.....
He speaks the magic words.....
Ladies AND Gentlemen!
Start your Credit Cards!!!!
And the annual Running of the Shoppers begins......
Hi Diddley De, It's a Shoppers' Life For Me! -- HIIIII HOOOOO, HI HO, HI HO, IT'S OFF TO SHOP WE GO!
A transfer to Costa Mesa follows a few months later....
9. A WRITING EXERCISE: You spend the majority of your waking time doing it, so why not? Write about your job: What is it like? Are you doing what you want to do?
10. To the young man in my line, at work, who asked me to "remove a shirt":
What do you think this place is?
A Strip Joint? :-D
Okay, so it has now been 2 years since I became, once again, just a satisfied, loyal, customer, of Target, and in that time 2 websites have sprung up of interest to shoppers, and even employees of, the store with the big red, and white, Bullseye.
Let's meet those 2 wonderful Blogs!